Sunday 10 September 2017

Country Music just lost a Legend with death of Don WIlliams


One of the biggest stars in country music in the mid-1970s through late ‘80s, Don Williams, has died after a short illness.
A rep confirmed his death.

Williams death comes two years after the 78-year-old Country Hall Of Famer officially retired from music.

His straightforward yet smooth bass-baritone voice, soft tones, and imposing build earned him the nickname: "Gentle Giant" of country music.

Williams' best known work includes the tracks Tulsa Time, Back in My Younger Days, You’re My Best Friend, Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good, and Some Broken Hearts Never Mend.

In March 2016, the Pensacola News Journal reported that Williams had announced he was retiring from touring and cancelled all his scheduled shows.

"It's time to hang my hat up and enjoy some quiet time at home. I'm so thankful for my fans, my friends and my family for their everlasting love and support," the 76-year-old Williams said in a statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment