Saturday 6 June 2015

Jill & Jessa Duggar:: Parents put locks on our doors after Josh molested us


Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar took extreme measures to make sure their son wouldn’t continue molesting his younger sisters. After Josh confessed, they had locks installed on the girls’ bedroom doors and more, Jill and Jessa revealed in an interview airing on Fox News June 5.

Jill Duggar Dillard , 24, and Jessa Duggar Seewald, 22, have finally opened up about the steps their parents took to make sure they would no longer be victimized by their older brother, Josh Duggar, 27. The sisters told Megyn Kelly in an exclusive interview, which aired on Fox News Channel’s The Kelly File June 5, that even though they have no memory of the molestation, their parents took strong measures to make sure Josh wouldn’t continue to have access to his sleeping sisters.

During the interview, Jill revealed that following Josh’s admission to his parents that he inappropriately touched his sisters while they were asleep, her mom and dad took steps to make sure he no longer had access to their bedroom.  That included locking their bedroom doors and not allowing the boys in the girls’ sleeping area.“Locks on the doors. You know, everybody’s in bed. Girls in the girl’s room. Boys in the boy’s room. And so yeah, they just, and as a mother now I look back and I think you know my parents did such an amazing job for me,” she admitted.

The reality star claimed that authorities even praised her parents for how they were keeping the girls safe from Josh. “Even when we went through the DHS investigation they complimented my parents on what an amazing job they did through that process. And so I think not only taking the legal actions that they did and then going the extra mile and, yet, I see as a mom, I hope that I can set up the same safeguards in my family that they did,” Jill explained.

The Duggar parents took other measures to make sure Josh — or any of the other boys in the household — wouldn’t be able to victimize any of the girls in the family. “Not being alone. My parents said OK, we’re not going to do this hide and seek thing where two people go off and hide together” was one of the ways the kids were kept apart according to Jill.

The sisters already appeared on The Kelly File on June 3 and were pretty forgiving of what their brother had done to them. Jessa even claimed, “I do want to speak up in his defense against people who are calling him a child molester or a pedophile or a rapist, some people are saying. I’m like that is so overboard and a lie really. I mean people get mad at me for saying that but I can say this because I was one of the victims.”

The revelation of Josh’s shocking actions has had tremendous fallout for the family. TLC has temporarily pulled their reality show 19 Kids And Counting from the air, and advertisers are dropping like flies. Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar appeared on Fox News June 3 to reveal that “as parents, we felt like failures,” yet “what Josh did was inexcusable, but it was not unforgivable.”

No comments:

Post a Comment