Saturday 2 January 2016

Odion Ighalo Says "Scoring 30 goals In 2015 Was Unbelievable"


Super Eagles striker, Odion Jude Ighalo, has described the outgone year as a great one, not just for himself, but for the entire team.

The Watford striker has scored 14 goals in the current EPL season, and a total of 30 goals last year in the English topflight.

The Nigerian international has also become the first Hornets player to score in five consecutive topflight games.

“It's been a great year, not just for me alone, but also for the team and the supporters,” he told

“We’ve been through good and bad patches but everything turned out amazing for everyone in the end.

“Scoring 30 goals this year has been unbelievable for me and I want to thank my team-mates for making it possible for me, the fans, the coaching crew and most importantly Troy Deeney, who has been assisting me for most of my goals this year.

“It’s been a great year and I thank God for that.”

“As a professional, and someone who works hard, I always hope that my next year is going to be better than my last year," he said.

“So when we got promoted, I prayed that what I did this year in the Premier League was going to be even greater than what I did last year in the Championship, and I’m praying that 2016 is going to be even better than 2015." news.spontly

Ighalo has scored many memorable strikes since arriving in Hertfordshire in July 2014, but there are two in particular that stand out in his eyes.

“The goal against Middlesbrough in the Championship because that was a difficult game and a game we needed to win, so that we could be in a good position to gain promotion," recalled Ighalo.

“They were playing well, so when I scored that goal the game was nearly over. I was happy with that one and it was one of my best.

“But also the goal against Everton this season was special to me. Coming off the bench and scoring on my debut in the Premier League was fantastic and I thank God too for that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment